Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links meaning I may receive small compensation if a purchase is made as a result of clicking through my link. I was not, however, compensated, asked to provide a review, nor did I receive free product for this review. I am sharing with my readers of my own volition. All thoughts are mine.
I am so excited to be sharing this review today. Step 2 is one of my favorite toy companies and I’ve been purchasing their toys for years. We recently purchased the Step2 Fresh Market Kitchen for Kynlea’s 4th birthday. I knew once we decided we were going to get a kitchen for her, that we were getting it from Step2 because they have a large variety and price range to choose from, and I trust the quality, durability, and style of their products. Before I give you my opinion though, listen to what my 4 year old has to say about her new kitchen……
The reason we chose the Fresh Market Kitchen was because it kind of is 3 toys in one. A kitchen, market place, and sitting/eating area. My daughter has loved pretend cooking for a while and in the last few months has picked up on the love for playing store too. She begs her teenage brothers all the time to be her customers, and sometimes they oblige her 🙂 I knew that she would love this! Once it landed on our doorstep, I pulled it in and immediately started putting it together. It came in two large boxes, with quite a bit of parts, and doing it by myself (with interruptions from a 4 year old) it took me about an hour and a half to complete it. Instructions were simple to follow, it was just time consuming but I expected that with it being a large toy.
This play kitchen features pretty much everything a child could wish for all in one toy. Here are some of my favorite features:
- includes a working register that really calculates and a scanner that has a light and sound effect “beep”
- the design is so detailed and includes the stainless steel look in refrigerator, oven, microwave and sink
- Large sink area with a “cutting board”
- Stove has realistic cooking sounds (takes 2 AA batteries) and lights up
- Cooking range hood has a light for night time cooking. The batteries are to change and it takes 3 AAA batteries.
- Comes with an earth friendly grocery bag that has it’s own hanger near the cash register
- Two “wicker baskets”. These can be used several ways, either in the front to store veggies and fruits, in the kitchen area for holding dishes and what not, or for toy beds 🙂
- Come with 47 piece accessory set including 2 place dish setting, pot and pan, utensils and strainer, salt and pepper, 20 pc play food asst., cash register with credit card and key
- Lots of stickers to decorate ( I left that part for Dad 🙂 )
We have had this play kitchen for about 2 weeks now, and I am very happy with it. It is played with EVERY day. That means less TV watching 🙂 too. I really try to be open to all items I review both pros and cons, and I’ve really sat and tried to find one thing I don’t like about this kitchen, and the only thing I can think of is the having to put it together part. If you are looking for a the perfect play kitchen for your child, I highly recommend this one. It is on the more affordable side of the kitchens Step2 offers, but you’re so going to get your money’s worth on this, and like I said, it’s like 3 toys in one.
This kitchen is recommended for ages 2 and up, and I would agree with that. My daughter is 4, and it’s still a great toy for her.
You can purchase the Step2 Fresh Market Play Kitchen on Step2.com for $199 plus $4.99 S&H. Be sure to sign up for their emails and you’ll receive 20% off your first order, and you’ll also receive emails whenever they have sales (and they send out birthday discounts too 🙂 )