If you come here often, you might know that I am a chronic dieter, mostly low carb and although I lost about 50 pounds last year, sadly I gained about 20 of it back during our month long hotel stay thanks to our house fire 🙂 Apparently microwave foods and restaurant foods are extremely bad for the waist line! I’ve been trying to get myself back on track but it’s really difficult this time around to get going. I came back to what I know and what I can follow best which is a low carb diet. I thought about starting a low carb dieting page here to have a way to stay accountable and also to help others in their low carb journey.
Anyway, I am bound and determined to get this weight off once and for all. My oldest son will be getting his senior ring in a ceremony come September, and I want to be able to look nice for him (I hate embarrassing my kids) and feel good about myself for his ceremony! This is my day 1 starting weight photo, and I’ll be damned if this is how I look at ring ceremony!
- Official Starting Date: Monday July 27, 2015
- Starting Weight: 191.2
- Goal Weight: 150
- Ring Ceremony Date: TBD
I think I’m going to try to update it at least every 2 weeks! If you would like to join in on this low carb journey, feel free to link to your progress page below in the linky! That way I can keep track with all of your progress too, and ya’ll can help put pressure on me to get my butt in gear 🙂
Low Carb Recipes and Food Finds:
- Very Low Carb Egg White Chips
- Low Carb “Fat” Coffee (yum)
- Harvard Boutique has a delicious low carb toffee!
- Crystal Light has an awesome variety of low carb flavors for your water!
- Buffalo Ranch Hot Wings (naked, not breaded)
- Atkins Shakes – I do like the shakes and they have improved a lot over the last couple of years. I don’t however, use the Atkins food or bars anymore….just don’t much care for them.
What I Use to Stay On Track:
- Fen Trim Appetite Suppressant – (you can get a BOGO deal with promo code: 6MGYKL23) I really LOVE this stuff, have ordered 3 bottles (from Amazon). You can read my full review, but it works a lot like phentermine did for me, with an added mood stabilizer effect.
- Hip Hop Abs: this is one of the programs I used to lose the first 40 pounds or so. I still like to use it along with Biggest Losers Powerwalk and just plain walking outside!
- Probiotic Gummies: dieting or not, everyone should take probiotics because they are so beneficial! I am a HUGE believer in them. Gummies are the easy way I get mine in every day 🙂
- Vitamins: I take One a Day Gummies (coupon here), 2 per day! These have really boosted my general feeling of wellness and I was NOT a vitamin taker before. It became a habit, and I take them daily!
- HUGE Water Jug: I found a humongous water cup/jug at some outdoor store and have been carrying it religiously with me every day for the last several months. It’s an easy way for me to make sure I’m drinking plenty of water and fill it at least twice a day!