This will be the first year in many that I didn’t have a resolution to lose weight. After a couple of years of lifestyle changes including more activity and eating healthier, I am finally back down to the weight I was in my mid 20’s. In 2 years I went from over 200 lbs. to 135 lbs. At 5 ft. 6, it’s a healthy weight for me, actually I would actually be okay at 145, but I try to give myself about 10 pounds of freedom where I’ll still feel good but not have to freak out to drop the excess weight. As excited as I am about that, I still have goals when it comes to improving my health this year. I try to be more aware of what foods I eat, but truth be told, I’m lacking big time when it comes to the most important things, vegetables. Don’t like them, can’t stand them, REFUSE to eat them in their whole state. I know that to feel healthier though, I need to find some type of way to get more nutrients and such into my body and hope that it won’t go into health shock :). Have you ever heard of Moringa?
I hadn’t until recently when I had the chance to try Miracle In the Green™ Oringaa™ Original Blend. This powder form with SUPERIOR Moringa, grown in Africa, is made to promote energy, nutrition, protein, lean muscle, and overall health. You guys, this stuff is amazing! Lemme’ tell ya’ll a little about it, and take note that this is only going off of using it for about a week now, so these are just my initial thoughts on it. First though, let me tell you a little more about what Moringa is in case you’re clueless like I was a couple of weeks ago. Moringa is native to parts of Africa and the Moringa trees have been called the “tree of life.” Every bit of the Moringa contains a nutritional element: the bark, its oil & the leaves. I’ve read that the leaves from the Moringa tree have been used as a part of traditional medicine for centuries and has been associated with the cure or prevention of about 300 diseases! Isn’t that crazy? These small leaves are packed with a huge amounts of protein, calcium, beta carotene, vitamin C, potassium and tons more. To help understand a little clearly, this particular powder from Miracle in the Green™ (made of 100% Moringa Powder) serves up a whopping:
- 7xs more Vitamin C than oranges
- 2x more protein than yogurt
- 4x more calcium than milk
- 4x more vitamin A than carrots
- 3x more potassium than in bananas
- 3x more vitamin B than kale
- +90 nutrients and 46 antioxidants
There are so many health benefits from all of the amounts of nutrients in this that it would take days really to lay them all out here. For now, I wanted to share my experience with it so far just after one week. The container I received is an 8oz container with 35 servings. I only use one serving a day, and to be honest I’ve actually missed a couple days during the last week from just being forgetful or distracted! The powder has, in my opinion, a similar scent as a vitamin does, just not as strong. It’s ground very, very fine which I love because it makes it really easy to mix into my lemon water. I’ve also tried it in a fruit smoothie and I could barely taste it in the mix of strawberries, bananas, and orange!
So far, here are my favorite 5 things I’ve noticed since using my Miracle in the Green.
- I’ve noticed a natural energy. I used to be an avid coffee drinker, and I loved the caffiene rushes, but this powder gives me a different kind of energy.. I love it, and it just leaves me feeling more alive. I am anemic and have been since I was a teenager that I know of, so I’m wondering if this is from the large amounts of Iron in this formula. What I love though, is that it doesn’t give me the harsh after effects as taking iron pills does……and that’s why I don’t take my iron like I’m supposed to.
- I’ve noticed that my mood seems to be lighter. I also have severe anxiety, so this is a nice bonus for me. I pretty much stay on edge, which causes me to be really irritable most days and I’m really enjoying the edge this has taken off of me.
- One of my biggest issues has been bruising for the last couple of years. I’ve only been to the doctor once about it and they did a liver test, and never went back. I bruise really easy, and no exaggeration, I find new bruises almost daily that I have no clue where they came from. Not only that, but they take forever to go away. I’ve noticed this week, that I’ve seen less bruising and the ones I did have seem to be healing quicker than usual.
- I’m not taking this to lose weight, but I have also noticed that I am full after I drink this in my water or smoothies. I’m not as hungry and I have pretty much no cravings for sweets or unnecessary snacks throughout the day. Which is awesome because it tends to keep my blood sugar more under control.
- My breathing is better. I’m not sure why (might be because I foolishly started smoking again about a year ago) but I have a lot of trouble with my breathing. Most days I have a really hard time taking a deep breath, and I have to try over and over again before I’m finally able to. This always leaves me feeling dizzy and my lungs sore from trying to expand them over and over again. This week, I’ve noticed a big decrease in that. I’m able to take deep breaths without so much work, and that in turn has me feeling better, maybe because I’m getting more oxygen to my body, just a guess.
I’m really excited about this and it will definitely be on my re-purchase list, and I’ll be sharing it with my Mother as well. Next on my list is going to be making a face mask with the Oringaa powder and coconut oil, or egg white……haven’t decided yet. They say this works great on Acne, so I’m excited to try it on my face to see how it works.
You can find Miracle in the Green™ Oringaa™ Original Blend at Amazon for $19.99. Are you doing anything different this year in order to become a healthier you?
*This post contains an affiliate link. Regardless all thoughts are mine.