I just finished a cute hat order for a new customer. She had sent me a picture of a hat set with interchangeable flowers that she found online and wanted the same thing. I always have trouble finding flower patterns, I get impatient (or a little lazy) and usually just give up. With this order, I just went ahead and gave a flower a go on my own to see what I came up with. I’ll confess, as a crocheter, flowers are not my favorite thing to do, especially when they’re layered. However, this pattern was quick and I was able to work up 3 in just a matter of a few minutes. I like EASY, and this crochet flower pattern is just that. This flower is made to fit over a button so you can interchange colors like with this set, which is why the center is open.
What You’ll Need:
- Crochet Hook size H
- Worsted Weight Yarn ( I used I Love This Yarn)
- Embroidery needle to weave in loose ends
- Basic stitch knowledge: Chain (ch), single crochet (sc), Half double crochet (hdc), Double crochet (dc), Treble crochet (tr), Slip Stitch (sl st), Front post single crochet (fpsc)
Instructions: (pictures below instructions if you get confused)
- Chain 8 and join to form a ring. Ch1
- Work 15sc into ring and join with sl st to 1st sc
- *Ch 3, skip next 2 st, sc in next* Repeat 4 more times joining to 1st sc – 5 loops made
- (Sc, hdc, 3dc, hdc, sc) all into 1st ch3 space. Repeat ( to ) in remaining 4 loops. Join with sl st into first sc from round 3.
- Ch 4, fpsc around next sc from round 3. *Ch 4, fpsc around next sc from round 3* repeat * to * 3 more times. Join with sl st to first fpsc.
- (Sc, hdc, dc, 5tr, dc hdc, sc) all in each 5 loops around. Join with 1st sc. Finish off.
*Feel free to sell any of your items using my pattern, all I ask is that you link back to me for pattern credit. Please do NOT re-post this pattern as your own.