Planning a bachelorette party can be fun, exciting, and the party of a lifetime. These days, some brides are opting to travel to far off places such as Las Vegas, Costa Rica for yoga retreats, or to the Bahamas on a cruise. It used to be that a bachelorette party consisted of going out to dinner and dancing with girlfriends. Now it is much more involved than that and takes a great deal of planning. This article will provide a few ideas on things to consider when planning your bachelorette party.
- Transportation. Often times at a party like this there is alcohol flowing and nobody wants to volunteer to be the designated driver. Save yourself the trouble and hassle of having to hail a taxi and download one of the many Ride share apps before you set off on your adventure. This way you do not have to worry about finding a designated driver and you will not risk getting a DUI conviction.
- Clothing. Be sure to choose your clothing based on the activity that you will be doing. For example, if you are going to go to a yoga retreat for your party, pack yoga pants or shorts, lightweight tank tops and breathable shirts. Perhaps a nice sundress and a pair of sandals for evening dinners would be a nice touch as well. If you are going to go on a bar crawl with some girlfriends, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothes that you can dance in all night long. While many worry about looking their best by wearing a little black dress and heels to match, this could be uncomfortable after dancing to a couple of songs.
- Food. As there is likely alcohol that is going to be present at your party, it is always a good idea to have food as another staple. Perhaps incorporate going to dinner with your friends before going out on the town. If you are going on a retreat, chances are high that there will be fresh, local fare included in the experience. If this is not the case, be prepared to purchase some local cuisine while on your trip.
- Phone charger. Many do not realize how fast their smartphone will die when they are out on the town with friends. Taking photographs, texting, checking emails, and using the gps map can drain your battery in a very short amount of time. Pack a phone charger in your purse or add an external battery to your phone to ensure that you can stay in contact with your friends, family, and can get in touch with emergency services if something was to go wrong.
- Cash. It is always a good idea to bring some cash with you when you are going out with friends. Even if you always use your debit or credit card and do not plan on using cash, it is a good idea to have some just in case you were to lose your wallet or purse. Keep a small amount of cash on your person in case of emergency.
These tips will not only provide help you be safe, but you will also be more prepared should anything out of the ordinary come your way. It is always better to be safe than sorry and your bachelorette party is no exception to that rule.